It’s a little strange doing a monthly post about someone other than Garrett, (and yes I realize this post is a few weeks late as well) but I guess now is as good of a time as ever to get used to it! I’ve got a whole new set of monthly stickers that Davey Boy’s photo will be taken with and that I get to share with you all for the next 12 months! How excited are you
Things are going as well as can be expected. 2 under 2 is a completely different world than just caring for a toddler, but we are learning what works for Davis and how to manage both boys every day. I’m so blessed to have Dan to figure it all out with, and the boys are so lucky to have such an awesome Daddy. I seriously could not, nor would I want to do this without him!
Davis was born at 7bs 13 oz and 20 inches. When we left the hospital he was down to 7lbs 8oz (which isn’t bad at all) and 4 days later on Christmas Eve, he was already back up to his birth weight, so needless to say, nursing is going really well again! He had very little problems latching on and thankfully we continue to thrive in the breastfeeding department. Our only hiccup is that Davis seems to have a little bit of reflux, so we have to make sure we burp him every few minutes or he will spit up. Dan is once again way better at burping than I am.
Weight gaining has not been a problem at all for Davis, he has been gaining almost a pound a week, but I think that is finally starting to slow down a little bit. He’s also growing like a weed. He’s already outgrown all of his newborn clothes and his newborn diapers and at 5 weeks old he is in size 1 diapers and 3 month clothes.
Here is Davis’ most recent info:
- Weight: 11lbs
- Length: 22 3/4 inches
- Size 1 Diapers
- 3 Month Clothes
Although he’s still sleeping quite a bit, he’s much more alert now than he was as s newborn, and he will sometimes be up for 4 hrs at a time (although we try to avoid that, because then he gets overtired and that’s no fun for anyone)
- Eating about 3 oz per feeding about every 3-4 hrs
- Napping about 3-4 times a day depending. Lots of naps are taken while we’re out and about running errands
- Sleeping in his crib at night and for some naps now (the nursery shares a wall with our room, and he seems to sleep better in there all swaddled up anyways)
- Otherwise naps in his swing or in his rock’n play sleeper
- Longest stretch of sleep was 7 hrs!
- Was sleeping in 3-4 hour stretches, but now usually sleeps in 4-5 hour stretches at night
- Very much prefers to be rocked to sleep (going to try and break that habit soon)
- Only cries if he is hungry, wet, has gas, or is overtired
- Smiles (I know ppl say it’s gas but I don’t care)
He’s a really great baby, and although he is different in some ways, he is also very similar to Garrett as a newborn/1 month old
- Same weight and length at 1 month
- Same clothes size
- Both got the awesome newborn acne that comes from their bodies getting rid of my hormones
- Both took to nursing right away and gained weight at the same rate
- They both HATE being in a wet diaper
- They have similar facial expressions and while I think they look a lot a like in some pictures, I think they look different in person.
I’m happy to report that all of our newborn instincts seemed to come back to us pretty quickly (For all of you expecting your second little ones soon!!)
I think the biggest adjustment aside from waking up more frequently, and being depended on for absolutely everything has been to go from holding Garrett to holding Davis, Davis seems like a little peanut and G feels like a monster! I wasn’t sure how I would ever be able to love another child as much as I love Garrett, but the second I laid eyes on my little Davis I was smitten and I felt silly that I even questioned it! We are so blessed to have another Handsome, and Healthy Baby Boy!